Sunday 10 November 2013

Frosty Day

We woke up this morning to a white world, there had been a really hard frost and everything was tinged with sparkly white frost - so pretty!


Even my little plastic fox had frosty ears, he is supposed to keep the rabbits out of the garden, but they are just not that stupid!

This little bird was hopping around in the shade of the Ash tree, you can see that the frost never really went away in the shaded areas, hard going for birds.

This little robin (on top of the post) looks a little bit thin, possibly a young robin. 

Some birds are getting fed though, if the hips on my Rosa Rugosa are anything to go by!  Many of the hips have been eaten but there are still plenty left as well as quite a few holly berries.


It was actually really warm when you found a sheltered spot in the sun, and the frost soon began to thaw and drip.

Have a good week everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Janice that is some frost, not had any frost here yet in SE but today is the coldest it has been 2C!!

    I expect you will get some snow next week? Take care xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)