Thursday 8 August 2013

Green-Time-Stone

I'm cheating slightly, but I thought better to post something than nothing at all!  Lucky Snapping is back with some daily prompts, I posted my VIEW on Monday but haven't managed another post till tonight.  I still haven't got out and taken any daily photos but thought I'd share a few of the pictures from our visit to the 'Potfest in the Park' at Hutton in the Forest, Cumbria last month.

Green

The gardens at Hutton in the Forest are delightful, a lovely walled garden full of borders packed with flowers and laden fruit trees.  This is the greenest of the photos with those amazing architectural alliums.

Time

This is a view of the house, just as the sky started to clear (it had rained hard overnight and first thing in the morning) You can see a bit of the tents where the pottery stalls were housed.  As it is old, I thought that time was quite appropriate.

Stone?  Not quite, Pottery!

More cheating, but I thought you would enjoy seeing this piece of pottery which was entered for the competition that is held alongside the sales tents.  We really love this surfer and her dog!

4 comments:

  1. great photos and pleased the rain stopped for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the thumbnail pic that lady looked a bit like Helen's Mukka Pukka! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that statue. Someone has areal sense of humour

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, love the one of the surfer lol. I am way behind on all this as usual. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)