Monday 2 July 2012

Shadows - 365+1

So Inspired - Inspiration Lane
It's pouring with rain outside, the living room is not very tidy.  So when I looked to see today's prompt and it was shadow, I looked around and couldn't see anything interesting to photograph.  Then I remembered 'Shadows and Light' the fabulous live album from Joni Mitchell.  I bought this on vinyl when it came out in 1980 and replaced it on CD when records were no longer popular.  My husband bought a new record deck a couple of years ago and every now and then we have an evening reliving our vinyl days! 

It's not my favourite Joni Mitchell, that honour goes to 'Miles of Ailes' another live album.  I've seen Joni Mitchell live only once.  Her music is complex, jazzy and interesting, her lyrics are poetry.  Can you tell I'm a fan? 

5 comments:

  1. What a clever take for today ! Pouring down here too !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your slant on Shadows today xxx
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was well remembered, enjoy your vinyls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you can still enjoy your vinyls, Janice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks for this post - I found Joni Mitchell on the Internet. I listened and watched her performances. She is awesome!
    Your project is very interesting. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)