Thursday 9 June 2011

A little light crafting

It's surprising how much crafting you can do when you don't have to go to work!  I've managed some time at my craft desk every day and although I don't have a huge amount to show for it, I have enjoyed what I've been able to do.

First I'll show you the card I made with the sketch from Kathy's Waffle Sketch File.  You won't find this paper in any craft shop, I punched it out of a magazine.  I love the retro style and bold colours.





As a mentioned in a previous post, I am taking part in a free online journalling class called 'In the Sun' you can find out more about it HERE .  It's a great class for anyone starting out as the prompts are short and don't make huge demands in terms of materials, you can pretty much do what you want with them.

For my journal I'm using an old poetry book that I bought a long time ago when I was a student working in Cornwall for the summer. 


Here is my introduction page, I am using a photograph of our field that I took earlier this week as a main theme.  Here is the photograph unadulterated,  I had to lie down in the grass to get the shot!  The summer meadow sums up summer for me.


Wings - Itkipulti; body, arms and legs - Maya de Groot, Hoity Toity; paper - Crate Paper Restoration Collection.
The second prompt is about creating a self-portrait.  I used the photograph in a slightly different way and journalled between the strips.  I had fun creating myself as a butterfly, I did that digitally, then printed and cut it out.

Paper - Coppercurls Designs, Denim Days; Frame- Coppercurls Designs, Funky Brights; Button - Julie Marie, Bailey; Fonts - Scrap Round, Showcard Gothic
I've been out with my camera quite a lot and have made some digital layouts for the Digital Design Den Virtual Photo Shoot.  The theme for the top one is 'Leading Lines'.  I couldn't believe that I got these pictures of the swans taking off, it was just amazing.

Paper - Coppercurls Designs, Funky Brights; Ribbon - Ellie Lash, Homemade Christmas; Leaf - DSD by Athena, Late Harvest; Font- SNF Sketch Black
I went out today to try to get some photos for the other themes and found this little pool at the edge of the stream with a great reflection of the leaves from the overhanging trees, ideal for the Reflections theme.

6 comments:

  1. You need to have more time off work Janice so you can concentrate on your creativeness!! You've come up with some beauties here. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Janice - you've been a busy bee these last few days. Love the journal and the LOs and especially your card - brilliant idea to use magazines snippings for the "tiles" and the colours are fabulous!
    Thank you for using The Sketch File for your card - and good luck for our prize draw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving your card! I now look at magazines in a new light since I started journalling, there are some great images & pictures to use!

    Oh, I adore that photo of your field, its stunning! As for your 'reflection' that is really beautiful!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Janice your card is absolutely fabulous - love the colours - they are so striking. Thanks for using Kathy's Waffle sketch for your design. Love all the photographs you've been taking too especially the buttercup field - beautiful!

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janice, I love your take on Kathy's sketch, what a great idea. In fact, I love all of your projects. Thanks for taking part in our challenge.

    I hope you're ok :)
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janice you have been busy on your week off. Love the way you recycled the magazine paper. Your layouts are great and so is your photography :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)