Saturday 21 May 2011

One year on...

Digital Kit- Maelia Designs, Mon Petit Jardin
Last weekend it was a year since my son got married.  I decided to make a bit of a hybrid wedding anniversary card for them.  I had made the digital layouts not long after the wedding and thought they would be ideal to downsize into a card and add a few 'real' flowers to give a bit of 3D texture.

Digital Kit - MLE Card, Tealicious.


On the inside left I added this Wedding Cake Recipe layout with some buttons, the text reads:
Wedding Cake Recipe:
1/2 lb good looks
1lb sweet temper
1lb butter of youth
1lb blindness of faults
1lb of wit
1lb good humour
2lb of sweet argument
1 pint of rippling laughter
1 wine glass of common sense
a dash of modesty

Put the love good looks and a sweet temper into a well furnished house.
Beat the butter of youth into a cream,
and mix well together with the blindness of faults.
Stir the wit and good humour into the sweet argument
then add the rippling laughter and common sense.
Work the whole thing together until everything is well mixed,
and bake gently forever.

and finally on the back of the card  I made this layout showing them as the family they have become.
 

8 comments:

  1. Lovely way to use those digi LOs and the family one added to the back is lovely. Can't believe it's a year already though! Hope they had a lovely anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. janice,thats a beautiful card,love the 'recipe' too :)
    doesn't seem like a year though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely Janice. What a difference a year makes, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hasn't the year just flown by. How lovely to use the digis to downscale to cards - very clever. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww what a beautiful gift, Janice! The wee baby is too cute :') and I love your recipe, just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice present and a great ideea. Very nice with these flowers and the cake recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, one year on already! Lovely layout...x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaaah Janice that is so wonderful. I love the recipe idea and those layouts have turned out well being downsized and made into a card - definately one to keep.

    Happy Anniversary to Steven and Shona.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)