Thursday 10 June 2010

Inspiration Mosaic

 Yesterday at Creativity Boot Camp we were tasked to do the following:

"So today, I’d like you to go out into nature {or on the streets if you’re a city dweller} and seek inspiration. I’m not asking you to gather ideas for creative projects, I want you to simply take a camera outdoors and photograph things that speak to you on some level…any level. Take as many pictures as you’d like. If you’re like me, you might have to eventually make yourself stop and go back inside to take care of other things like your children or dinner. Try not to aim for perfect shots; don’t think about composition, don’t sweat the focus or the lighting, etc. Just take some random snapshots of anything that you find visually appealing and at this point don’t analyze why…just shoot."

I got home too late last night and was too tired to do this, but had a little time tonight and it was also a nice sunny evening,  so I went out with my camera and took a few pictures of the place I live and the things that inspire me.  Mainly plants and nature, but also textures and little framed scenes.  
The central picture has been altered using the palette knife filter to make a 'painterly' scene, so I thought I'd let you see that one separately.

4 comments:

  1. You shouldn't have told me that the centre was digitally altered I thought you had painted it Janice. It is a very beautiful mosaic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mosaic! It is full of beauty and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. first of all, your profile photo for the blog is amazing ~ that smile is worth a million bucks. I'm lovin' your blog and your photos. where you live looks lovely; I grew up on a farm and miss is a lot now that I'm an urban dweller. I love the buildings and the pink rose. your mosaic is charming and I want to learn how to do that. someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janice, I really love seeing your photo mosaics. One day I'm going to have a go at making one. One day.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)