Monday 4 January 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY...

Outside my window...an inch of ice in the yard and the thermometer reading -8

I am thinking... about having to go back to work tomorrow

I am thankful for... my nice warm house

I am wearing... the usual warm cords, pink polo neck sweater, angora socks

I am remembering... lots of things about my youngest son as I start to scan photos for his 21st birthday scrapbook.

I am going... to finish that scrapbook page I started at the beginning of the week.

I am currently reading... The Haunted Abbot by Peter Tremayne

I am hoping... we don't get too much snow this week (again!)

On my mind... family stuck up on their hill farm, at least we can still get the cars out.

Noticing that... I am obsessed with the weather lol!

Pondering these words... Low Fat!

From the kitchen... Leek and Potato Soup

Around the house... nearly all signs of Christmas have gone, just a few little bits lingering.

One of my favorite things~ Christmas cake and it's nearly all gone now.

From my picture journal... it's so cold that the loch (lake) in the next village has frozen over and people are skating and curling on it. This hasn't happened for a very long time.

10 comments:

  1. Great pic of the frozen lake! It's quite cold here too...12 degree and negative wind chills in the teens. We have a "snow day", school is closed.

    Enjoy your week!
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photo! And why not obsess on the weather when it is soooo cold! Thanks goodness we all have warm homes to tuck into ;) - Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love reading these blog posts Janice. :)

    That photo is fantastic.

    Fingers crossed for no more snow too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaww Janice I bet it only feels like yesterday he was so young. I hope you share some of the journal with us.
    Fab photo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love reading your journaling. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Simple Womans Day book questions.....can I find time to do them I ask?

    Amazing that your loch has frozen over, what fantastic piccie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your list! The smell of soup, snow outside, small reminders of Christmas past....and the frozen loch picture is great.

    Happy New year hon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do enjoy reading your responses to the prompts, Janice.

    Great photo too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)