Sunday 31 January 2010

A school...of fish!

It's Keryn's turn to set the dare at Daring Cardmakers this week here is what she says:

"Early next week all the children that have been on holiday from school in New Zealand for approx seven weeks will be returning to their new classrooms. Mother's will all be breathing a sigh of relief as their routines return to normal.


To celebrate this I want you all to create cards using the theme of school. If you've got children at school what they're up to might inspire your card, if not maybe memories of your own school days might be your inspiration."

I have to say that I was struggling with this one as I don't have children at school and couldn't think of a card theme that would let me use the card for anything else later, then into my head popped 'school of fish' and I knew that would work for me and the dare!

The image came from the Collage group on Flickr and I coloured it with Copics, paper and sentiment sticker are from a little 6x6 scrapbook kit by Papermania. Ribbons from stash.

12 comments:

  1. What a fab interpretation Janice! Love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous image Janice, lovely and bright, really beautiful card...x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea, Janice and lovely card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hee hee clever clogs!!! I love your interpretation!!! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea and so bright and cheery xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, great bit of lateral thinking there - fab card! Love the bright colours of this Janice, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant take on the dare! And a fab card too. thanks for joining in with DCM this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol!
    I don’t think was quite what Keryn had in mind when she set the dare but it’s a fab colourful card.
    I would never have thought of that in a million years.

    Thanks for joining us at the Daring Cardmakers this week.
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fabulous card Janice - your thinking behind the dare is just brilliant. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    Love Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's funny. I didn't expect fish =) - but your card looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very clever to use that meaning of the word school. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)