Sunday 24 January 2010

Coasters to Calendars

The Bubbly Scrumptious Challenge Blog, Vanilla Sugar, has Coasters as the theme for January. There were lots of interesting ideas by the Design Team but I really didn't need any more actual coasters, so I had a look at Splitcoaststampers resources to see what projects there were on there and found THIS little calendar.

My coasters are not the crafting chipboard kind, they are real coasters that I bought in the supermarket when they were on sale 6 for £1.00, so they are somewhat thicker than the ones used in the project. That meant that I couldn't cut them with either my Bind-it-all or my Crop-o-dile! So I made a binding from card in the same way I did with my Christmas Album.

The project instructions link you to a place to print out your calendar. I used the photo of me with my boys that was taken at Christmas, I love this picture.

All Papers are Websters Pages 'Postcards from Paris' from Bubbly Funk Shoppie.

When it came to a little embellishment, I thought I'd make this bunch of cherries using some faux flower stamens I got years ago from Lakeland and a couple of bits of leaves from a leaf/stem ribbon.

I have to say I am really pleased with this and it is going to sit on my desk at work.

12 comments:

  1. I really love it Janice, especially the photo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Janice, I like how you bound it too.
    The calendar website is great and I too can recommend it. Using the same tutorial I made up kits for make and takes for a small group of people last year but I used a calendar and post it notes. All the ladies loved them....x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Janice, what a fab idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janice that picture of your boys is just gorgeous!

    Love use of coasters - it will look fab on your desk! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janice, this is my favorite project that I have seen you make! So nice! I love this picture of you and your boys too and I don't even know them :)

    Great calendar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooooo i LOVE this Janice. What a brilliant idea!!! Thank you so much for taking part in VS's first challenge, HUGS XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Janice, love it! Thanks for taking part...x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic calendar and the binding worked out really well. That pic of you and the boys is fantastic - have you repeated it for all 12 months? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Janice. I too love that photo of you and your sons, shame Brian wasn't in the photo too but then again someone has to take the photo don't they.

    Those papers are rather lovely. Hold me back though. tee hee

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great idea and yours turned out lovely, Thankyou for taking part
    Tracee x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your version of the Vanila Sugar Challenge you should be so proud. I brought some shop coasters aswell not sure what to do with em, might try my own album version.
    Thanks for the link too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)