Monday 21 December 2009

Simple Woman's Christmas Day Book



FOR TODAY... from Janice's Daybook




Outside my window... blue skies, bare branches, frozen snow.


I am wearing... lots of layers and my red cashmere cardigan.


I am remembering... the time when we were snowed in for a week and had no electricity for three days :o

I am going... to check the weather before I travel tomorrow.


I am currently reading... The Lover of the Grave (a Lydmouth Mystery) by Andrew Taylor


I am hoping... that the weather will be kind and my mum, sister and great-aunt will be able to travel to us for Christmas.


On my mind... the weather!


Noticing that... we had three Redwings on our holly bush yesterday. They are a type of Thrush that comes to our country from Scandanavia for the winter and they love to eat berries.


Pondering these words... "There is no ideal Christmas; only the one Christmas you decide to make as a reflection of your values, desires, affections, traditions." Bill McKibben


From the kitchen... I bought my turkey this morning and I need to make the second batch of Stem Ginger ice-cream tonight.

Around the house... must finish wrapping the presents tonight.

One of my favorite things...cashmere ;)

From my picture journal...


6 comments:

  1. hee hee I love your picture!!! Just about my level of exercise! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your daybook. I've enjoyed my visit. Thanks for reminding me to go buy my turkey!!!

    May you and your family have a Christmas filled with many blessings!
    ~Tamara
    BranchOfWisdom.com

    P.S. You are invited to drop by my blog on 12/27 and enter my New Year's Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snowed in for a week! brrrrrrrrrr

    Hope that doesn't happen again in a hurry.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, your Stem Ginger ice-cream sounds delish Janice. Hope your family can get to you for Christmas. Good Luck travelling. Your picture journal made me laugh out loud! Stay warm. Hugs, Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My exact feelings on exercise :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the family can all travel safely Janice (otherwise that turkey will last longer than you might wish :haha:). Cashmere - hard to beat it, huh?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)