Friday 18 September 2009

Friday Photo Flashback


I found this blog More than Words via the Imperfect Housewife blog and thought I'd join in the Friday Photo Flashback, showcasing photos from before we all had digital cameras. I've been scanning photos every time I visit my mum because my Dad took lots and lots of them. This photo shows my sister and I with my Granny and Grandpa (Dad's mum & dad) outside the front door of their house in Dundee. I'm the one sitting on my Granny's knee. I remember those awful tartan trousers, they were made of the itchiest wool ever and they made me miserable, I'm betting that Granny knitted the cardigans too as we always had hand-knitted jumpers and cardigans.

10 comments:

  1. What a fabulous photo Janice & such a happy memory to share.xx I see you've always had your stunning smile. :-) Looks so like your granny's as well. Not into itchy trews tho poor you ...I'm itching just thinking about them. Have a lovely weekend. Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a beautiful photo janice:) there's the start of your fab smile ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Photos like is are such precious memories - you look so happy despite the tartan trousers (and I remember all the knitwear too) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny! I was wondering about those wool pants before I even got to the description. I love that photo of proud grandparents with adorable grandchildren. What a terrific memory. Your baby face smile is too cute...what a happy baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH I LOVE IT!!!! Those sweet sweaters and the plaid pants - I don't think it gets cuter than that! I remember itchy wool as well. No fun. Boy, does it make for some cute pictures now though. Well, I think I'll go have some crumpets with my mum (did I sound English!???). Love your blog ~ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janice!! Thank you so much for linking up!!

    What a great photo! I love black & whites!! I have many of those too that I want to share!!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photo Janice...x
    Having itchy trousers didn't stop you smiling though did it, aaawww...x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaww great photo smiley Janice!! We had lots of hand knits too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so lucky to have that photo Janice. I have so few of my Grandparents. Woolly trousers? yep, I had some too hahaha X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)