Saturday 25 July 2009

Bubbly Scrumptious - July Garden Challenge

My project started with this rather old and tatty plant stand which was in my garden shed. However, once I started I realised that I needed a pot for the stand too.

I used the papers from the 'Verbena' Bubbly Funk July Kit. I painted the pot with Gesso and then used Tim Holtz Distress inks and Crackle paint in 'Peeled Paint' to colour it before cutting and pasting the papers onto the pot. I also used some varnish to waterproof it.

The stand also got the paint treatment and a little of the alcohol ink that I bought in Belfast.
Of course, I had to go an buy some matching plants to finish it off!
The plants are Campanula White Clips, Thymus Red Start and Ajuga Burgundy Glow.

5 comments:

  1. oooo this is grgeous Janice...a brilliant makeover!!! Thank you for taking part in the BF Challenge this month XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice your project is fantastic. It looks gorgeous. I love the purples & your plants look perfect in their new home. Well Done.Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks super Janice. Well done you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. An ambitious take on the challenge that worked out brilliantly, looks great! Fab matching plants too, clever you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant idea Janice. Using the paper on the pot was inspired - I hope the varnish coat works to keep it looking as good as this

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)