Monday 11 May 2009

The Simple Woman's Day Book


For Today...

Outside my window... blue skies and sunshine - hurrah!

I am thinking... about organising the family to get together for my MIL's 85th birthday

I am thankful for...my DS1 for coming round unannounced and whitewashing some of the farm buildings.

From the kitchen... Braised Pork with Prunes, some of the Butterscotch Cake (see previous post) with coffee later.

I am wearing... coral coloured cotton sweater, turquoise cords

I am reading... Still reading 'The Other Queen' but also 'Suppers' by Claire MacDonald - lovely foodie read.

I am hoping... that the sun will still be out tomorrow.

I am creating...some felt cuffs for friends who admired the ones I put on my blog (thanks girls XXX)

Around the house...trying NOT to be around the house with the nice weather

One of my favorite things... coffee

A few plans for the rest of the week... Planning Day at work tomorrow, late night working on Wednesday but I'm going to try to go straight from work to Pilates class, no other real plans.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... I took this out of the window on Saturday night!

7 comments:

  1. All I can say is yum to the dins and J says its a fantastic photograph X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful rainbow and the butterscotch cake makes my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take the prunes if you keep the pork ;o) I hope the sun shines tomorrow, too - for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you make your class this week Janice. Awesome photo....xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super picture, Janice - and I love reading your responses x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome photograph Janice, and had to go check out that Butterscotch cake, oh wow, it looks delicious. I can't bake at all and I can't cook either, I would rather clean so I am very very lucky to have a husband who loves to cook..yeahhhhh He makes a wicked cheescake too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)