Sunday 26 October 2008

It's official!

Yes, I'm afraid I have finally become a fully committed card maker! I've started making my Christmas cards in October, I know there are some people who start even earlier but these are for personal use, so I think the end of October is quite early enough. The Holly card above is made using the stamp I won in the Think Pink Auction (thanks, Gez) it is a huge stamp, so you don't need much more on your card. stamped it on watercolour paper and 'painted' it with watercolour pencils. There is a little bit of glossy accents on the berries, but it didn't come out very well in the picture.
I got lots of these embellishments from Craft Beautful Magazine last month. They make really simple cards. The sentiment is a Papermania sticker, free from a mag last year.

This is another of the CB embellishments, doodles done with the Crafters Workshop, Swirly Vines stencil and a silver gel pen.

5 comments:

  1. very nice janice:)
    i got that mag too but haven't gone through them yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stuff Janice. That stamp is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Janice on making a start! These 3 are gorgeous. Glad you like your HUGE stamp! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three lovely cards! I particularly like the middle one with the wrapped gift (white space, see!). That holly stamp looks wonderful too, glad it's found a loving new home!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)