Monday 24 March 2008

Snow on the hills, some birdies and my Art Journal Card

We haven't really had much in the way of snow, a few flurries and a bit of hail, but it has been lying on the hills. DH took this picture from the landing window.

I got this beautiful bird stamp as an RAK from Joanne (Angelnorth), it has such a clear image and I love the little bird foot prints, thank you Joanne. The background stamp is an Elusive Images one from Graphicus.
I made two birdie cards as I have a couple of things to send off to people and they both love nature and birds.


Still making the pack of cards Art Journal, a la Emily Falconbridge, posting them over on Bubblyfunk Forum. The theme is 'Your Initial' so I thought that rather than do one side and then some journalling, I would do two different styles of initials linked by that Elusive images paisley background stamp (one of my faves). The top on is 'Jewelled J', the chipboard J is Maya Road, Philadelphia lower case which I painted with Stewart Gill mini mezze colourise Plum.
The other side is my 'Shabby J'. The J is die cut with Mac 'n' Cheese Ellison dies which work in my cuttlebug. the paper is Dovecraft by Kate Knight which I got in Lakeland, the blooms were also from lakeland, except the little on which came from BF Shoppie




6 comments:

  1. Your cards are beautiful Janice, really love the colours you've chosen, and indeed that birdy is a lovely one too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I'm a label! lol! The cards look fab Janice, love the look of the bird on the multi colour background and the paisley made a fab backdrop for these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those birdy stamps Janice and the cards look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely view you have to look at from your landing Janice. I'm jealous.

    Great cards too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are great Janice!

    Oh, how I wish I could have your view - you wouldn't want to see the view I have from my windows - only houses :-( Nowhere near as gorgeous as your view is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Janice you have been busy! The bird cards are all so delicate and beautifully coloured, whoever is receiving them will be thrilled! I'm still thinking about your beautiful view..from your landing window?! I wish..all I can see is the house next door from mine!
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog, I read all the comments and publish them all except those which are anonymous, have links, or may be offensive to others. I love to read your comments, and if I have time I will reply to the comments but often that is not possible. Please be assured I do read and appreciate all that you say. Please come again :-)